Morning report - Friday, August 28, 2026

The market is looking for confirmation across headlines, the dollar and prices; the market sets its starting point before the session.

Since the previous report, the main change is BTC +0.39%, ETH +0.09% since the previous report. The headline is useful only after checking which assets actually react and which stay still. Oil and geopolitics are lifting inflation risk: Higher oil can lift inflation expectations, support the dollar and pressure growth assets. The key test today is how the dollar and equity indices react after the market opens.

Day mode Observation The latest market reading is a starting point, not a recommendation. How we interpret this
Conclusion confidence moderate Crypto and FX have sources; indices need confirmation. This is scenario-quality context, not profit probability. How we interpret this
Move risk elevated The main risk is deciding without an exit plan. The scale describes market conditions, not a trading signal. How we interpret this
Next test Full index-scenario validation is available today after the US open. We check whether the market confirms the scenario. How we interpret this

Market in 60 Seconds

Market in 60 Seconds

  1. Equities and risk appetite. Indices and bonds need session confirmation; this set provides crypto data and the latest published FX reference values.
  2. FX; no fresh yields reading. ECB reference rate dated 27 August 2026: USD/PLN 3.7156, EUR/PLN 4.3268. Fetched on 28 August 2026 at 07:30.
  3. Crypto and commodities. BTC is around USD 79,776, while ETH is around USD 2,497.68. This gives a reference point, but crypto price alone is not enough without dollar, liquidity and index context.

3-Minute Briefing

3-Minute Briefing

Theme

the dollar remains the main risk filter

Market mode

Observation

What changed since the last report

The pre-session starting point is: Indices and bonds need session confirmation; this set provides crypto data and the latest published FX reference values. The FX and yields backdrop is: ECB reference rate dated 27 August 2026: USD/PLN 3.7156, EUR/PLN 4.3268. Fetched on 28 August 2026 at 07:30. Today we test whether the overnight signals are confirmed by liquidity, the dollar and equity indices.

Base scenario

The market starts in a selective mode: the available signals are useful, but they still need cross-asset confirmation.

Confirmation condition

BTC and ETH hold direction, the dollar does not rebound and US indices confirm the move after the open.

Invalidation condition

Crypto gives back the move, the dollar rebounds and technology indices lose breadth or direction.

Main risk

The main risk is divergence between crypto, the dollar and indices creating false confirmation.

Next checks

We check whether the market confirms the scenario.

Did the previous scenario work?

partly confirmed. Partly confirmed: first confirm with the dollar, indices and liquidity, then increase scenario confidence.

Show full report

Full Analysis

Full Analysis

Cross-asset links

What actually changes the picture

BTC +0.39%, ETH +0.09% since the previous report. A price reading alone does not establish direction; it needs aligned index breadth and no opposing impulse from the dollar or yields.

Evidence of the day

The market is looking for confirmation across headlines, the dollar and prices

The headline is useful only after checking which assets actually react and which stay still.

Scenario status

Confirmed, invalidated and unresolved

The morning scenario is partly confirmed; aligned moves in the dollar and indices are still missing. The assessment remains conditional until USD, yields and market breadth deliver one aligned signal.

Day verdict

Observation

This is an educational and observational report. Current data helps set scenarios, but every decision still needs an error limit, position size and invalidation condition.

What to do

  • Check the source, data class and observation date.
  • Write down the condition that confirms the risk-on scenario.

What to avoid

  • Do not treat one candle as a full market signal.
  • Do not increase risk just because the report shows a fresh move.
Decision checklist

Before you act

  • Source Does the value have a named source, data class and observation date?
  • Scenario What has to happen for the idea to still make sense?
  • Error Which level or condition says you should step away?
Capital plan

How to protect the portfolio

The main risk is divergence between crypto, the dollar and indices creating false confirmation.

  • Control the dominant risk The main risk is divergence between crypto, the dollar and indices creating false confirmation.
  • Require cross-market confirmation BTC and ETH hold direction, the dollar does not rebound and US indices confirm the move after the open.
Observation levels

Conditions, not forecasts

  • BTC Holding direction after liquidity returns improves signal quality.
  • ETH ETH should confirm BTC, not just passively follow.
  • USD/PLN A dollar rebound warns against weaker risk appetite.
What would change the view

When observation turns defensive

Crypto gives back the move, the dollar rebounds and technology indices lose breadth or direction.

Scenarios

Three paths for the next session

Defensive

Crypto gives back the move, the dollar rebounds and technology indices lose breadth or direction.

Capital protection and correlation risk become the process priority.

Confirmation: Pressure appears simultaneously in risk assets, the dollar and indices.

Invalidation: BTC and ETH hold direction, the dollar does not rebound and US indices confirm the move after the open.

Watch: USD/PLN, the Nasdaq, BTC and market breadth.

Unresolved

BTC +0.39%, ETH +0.09% since the previous report, but the dollar and indices do not form one shared signal.

Observation remains the priority until the divergence is resolved.

Confirmation: The divergence persists after US liquidity enters.

Invalidation: Markets align with either the confirmation or invalidation condition.

Watch: Check the dollar, indices, crypto and commodities together.

Confirmed

BTC and ETH hold direction, the dollar does not rebound and US indices confirm the move after the open.

The scenario gains credibility while the defined invalidation condition remains active.

Confirmation: BTC and ETH hold direction, the dollar does not rebound and US indices confirm the move after the open.

Invalidation: Crypto gives back the move, the dollar rebounds and technology indices lose breadth or direction.

Watch: Check the dollar, indices, crypto and commodities together.

Risks

What can break the plan

high

Risk to the market thesis

The thesis weakens if the invalidation condition occurs: Crypto gives back the move, the dollar rebounds and technology indices lose breadth or direction.

medium

Cross-market divergence

The BTC +0.39%, ETH +0.09% since the previous report move loses quality if FX and indices do not confirm it.

medium

Event risk

Event to monitor: The market is looking for confirmation across headlines, the dollar and prices. Its potential impact is a rapid repricing.

Calendar

What can move the market

  • No new confirmed catalyst No new confirmed catalyst requiring separate discussion has emerged since the previous report.

Feedback

Was this report useful today?

Sources and reading time

Academy

Learn the context

Educational guides to concepts used in this report.

After this report

Stay in the daily loop

The next market update is scheduled for around 4:00 PM CET.